Founded in 1965, AFP DC is proud to serve our more than 1,000 members who are dedicated to fundraising and advancing the spirit of philanthropy. Our Chapter members – executive directors, development directors, consultants, grant writers, fundraising volunteers, and foundation executives – cover the range of DC Metro’s vibrant nonprofit community.
AFP DC strives to provide you the tools and connections you need to excel in your job!
- Professional development conferences and workshops
- Breakfast and lunch learning sessions on diverse fundraising topics
- Roundtable discussions
- A sound mentoring program
- Advanced Executives programs
- A free CFRE nuts & bolts session and a 7-week study group for certification preparation
- Networking events, seasonal receptions and happy hours to stay connected with members and with national organizations such as the Center for Non Profit Advancement, The Foundation Center DC, the National Gift Planning Council, YNPNdc, and AFP International HQ
Please check out our programs, volunteer opportunities and get to know your Chapter leaders. If you’re not a member, join today and be connected.
2016 Chamberlain Scholarship Program - applications are now being accepted for the 2016 AFP International Fundraising Conference! Scholarship recipient will receive complimentary registration to the 2016 AFP International Conference (minus a $10 processing fee) and a travel stipend. Submit your application here.
Show your support to the Chapter! Each year, the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy provides us with an opportunity to strengthen our noble profession through our own charitable contributions to BE the CAUSE Campaign. Your gift, no matter the size, will help our Chapter as well the many initiatives supported by the Foundation. Make an online pledge here or visit BE the CAUSE Campaign website for more information.
Follow AFP DC!
AFP Quick Poll
indicates a required field