How to give to the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada
January 20, 2016
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada offers a range of convenient giving options. Donors can support the Canadian Foundation's Annual Fund in several ways.
- I want to make a gift to the AFP Canadian Foundation online.
- I want to print out a pledge form and mail or fax it to the Canadian Foundation (the Annual Giving form is provided under Attachments below).
- I want to enroll in the Canadian Foundation's Alpha Society, a sustained monthly giving program (check the Alpha Society option on the Annual Giving form found under Attachments below).
- I want to learn more about my planned giving options, including bequests. Contact:
AFP Canada Office
260 King Street East
Toronto, ON M5A 4L5
Donor recognition levels
The Canadian Foundation's annual report recognizes all donors to the previous year¡¦s campaign. Below is a breakdown of giving clubs and pledge levels.
- Distinguished Benefactor: $5,000,000+
- Meritorious Benefactor: $1,000,000 - $4,999,999
- Honored Benefactor: $500,000 - $999,999
- Benefactor: $250,000 - $499,999
- Distinguished Patron: $100,000 - $249,999
- Meritorious Patron: $50,000 - $99,999
- Honored Patron: $25,000 - $49,999
- Patron: $10,000 - $24,999
- Founders' Club: $5,000 - $9,999
- Stewards' Club: $2,500 - $4,999
- President's Club: $1,000 - $2,499
- Platinum Medalist: $750 - $999
- Gold Medalist: $500 - $749
- Sterling Medalist: $250 - $499
- Silver Medalist: $100 - $249
- Bronze Medalist: $50 - $99
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada maintains its financial records in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) on an accrual basis. For accounting purposes:
- Gifts by pledge are recorded as receivable in the year made and become income to the Canadian Foundation as they are fulfilled.
- Checks dated no later than Dec. 31 and received at the Canadian Office within a reasonable period of time after Dec. 31 (by Jan. 15) will be accounted for in the campaign period just ended.
- Cash in transit to the Canadian Office within a reasonable period of time after Dec. 31 (received by Jan. 15) will be accounted for in the campaign year just ended.
- Gifts made by transfer of non-cash assets are recorded on the date of transfer.
2016 Annual Giving Form: AFP Foundation for Philanthropy-Canada (French)