Calling All AFP Members – Nominations Are Open!
May 22, 2012
Canadian AFP members have the power to influence the focus and direction of the association in a very concrete way, by participating in The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada and the AFP Canada Council’s nominations process.
Here’s how the process works. You can nominate someone you know who has demonstrated leadership in your region or as a member of an AFP committee or task force. Or, you can nominate yourself if you would like to provide service.
Upon nomination, candidates may receive a letter or a call from the committee asking for more detailed information on their background. In order to save staff from unnecessary paperwork, ask the potential nominee if they would be willing to serve before submitting their name, and if they agree please include a copy of their current resume with the nomination.
- demonstrated leadership ability
- previous service to AFP, philanthropy and the community locally and/or nationally
- particular leadership needs of the association at the time candidates are being considered
- certification (preferred but not required for nominees)
- diversity (all inclusive)
- type of professional practice
- support of the AFP Foundation for Philanthropy - Canada
- chapter size
- is a current AFP member in good standing (signed the Code of Ethical Principles and Standards and membership is current)
For the year 2013, the Canada Council’s nominating committee will determine a slate of regional representatives (representing Western, Prairie, Ontario, Quebec and Eastern regions as well as chapter size).
The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada’s nominating committee will determine a slate of directors (representing Western, Prairie, Central, and Eastern regions and chapter size). The Canada foundation will also be considering a chair-elect position. These slates will be made up of returning and new members.
Nomination forms can be found online at this link: http://www.afpnet.org/Foundation/#2013Noms.The deadline for all completed nomination forms is August 3, 2012. For more information, please contact any of the representatives of either nominating committee.
Foundation Nominating Committee
Shauna Klein - Chair
Pati Greenwood, CFRE
Karen Dackiw, CFRE
Scott Decksheimer, CFRE
Canada Council Nominating Committee
Vivian Ann Smith, CFRE – Chair
Timothy R. Maloney
Anne Melanson, CFRE
Derek Fraser, CFRE