Education & Programs
AFP DC is dedicated to consistently delivering cutting-edge and innovative educational programs that will challenge you, inspire you and assist you in your career. Regardless of your years of experience or specific passion, AFP DC's educational lineup offers something for everyone. You can choose from an array of options:
- Core Education Sessions include a mix of tactical and strategic sessions suitable for a range of experience levels and organization types, with built in networking time.
- Monthly Fundraising Brown Bags bring fundraisers of all stripes together to discuss topics of common interest in an informal, free-flowing – and free - lunchtime environment.
- Advanced Executives and Thought Leaders Conversation Series are two programs that target veteran fundraisers who have spent many years in the trenches.
- Affinity Groups convene fundraisers from a particular affinity or geographical area who share similar job responsibilities, challenges and perspectives.
- Mentoring Program provides one-on-one assistance to enhance one’s knowledge and skills as a fundraising professional.
- Webinars, offered free to members, cover a range of topics and are perfect for those who have a hard time escaping the office. We also include one webinar that we watch together followed by a panel discussion on the topic.
- CFRE Study Group features a world-class curriculum and speaker lineup to help fundraisers prepare for the CFRE test.
- Annual Bridge Conference attracts 2,000 fundraisers from the DC region and beyond for three days of learning and networking.
- Special Events include Diversity Dialogues, which provoke discussion around diversity in fundraising, and Giving USA event, which provides expert analysis on the latest trends in giving.
We encourage you to take advantage of all AFP DC has to offer. If you have questions about AFP DC's education programs, please contact our chapter office at email@example.com.
Visit Event Calendar to see a full listing of our upcoming events