Frequently Asked Questions about Philanthropy Day
The Association of Fundraising Professionals – DC Chapter will celebrate its 16th Annual National Capital Philanthropy Day at the The Knight Conference Center at the Newseum on Monday, November 13, 2017.
All former and current honorees, board members and special guests are invited to attend the Honorees reception from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM.
The Knight Conference Center at the Newseum is located at 555 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20001. The closest metro stops are Archives-Navy Mem'l Penn Quarter (Green & Yellow Lines) and Judiciary Square (Red).
About the Venue:
We are happy to celebrate this year's Philanthropy Day at the Knight Conference Center at the Newseum!
Nominations and Award Winner Information:
- Philanthropy Day awards will be presented at the NCPD Luncheon. Awardees are expected to attend.
- Awardees should plan to arrive no later than 11:00 AM on the day of the awards for formal pictures before the celebration begins and for the Honorees reception
- Awardees should plan on attending the Honorees reception, which will be from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- The awardee is our guest at the reception and is invited to bring 3 additional guests. (if the winner is a couple – they only receive 2 additional seats).
- We hope that all awardees will coordinate with us to invite their business colleagues, philanthropic peers, friends, co-workers and family members to the event who would consider supporting the event as a sponsor or purchasing tickets – which can be done through the AFP DC office
- Please see the Support page for detailed benefits of giving.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available from $1,000 and higher.
- Celebration Circle tickets are available for $300 for three guests, including recognition in the event program.
- Tickets will be available for $100 for non-members, $75 for members, and a special rate of $50 for young professional members and $75 for young professional non-members.
Questions and requests can be directed to Nicolette Pelbano, Meeting Manager, Association of Fundraising Professionals - DC Metro Area Chapter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.