National Capital Philanthropy Day 2015
National Capital Philanthropy Day is led by the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Washington DC Metro Chapter (AFP-DC), which is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year. AFP-DC recognizes the importance of philanthropy in our community at this event by honoring exemplary individuals, companies, and foundations.
2014 NCPD Celebration at Capital Hilton
AFP-DC invites you to get involved with this year’s celebration. Here’s how:
Nonprofit organizations and associations based in the Washington, DC region are invited to nominate individuals and organizations for this regional recognition. Six distinguished awards will be presented at the event, including: Outstanding Philanthropist, Outstanding Fundraising Volunteer, Outstanding Corporate Partner, Outstanding Foundation Partner, Outstanding Diversity Leader, and Outstanding Fundraising Professional.
How to nominate someone:
- Awardees must agree to attend the reception to receive their award in person.
- Nominators must choose an award category and provide a one to two page narrative describing nominee’s qualifications.
- Nominators must secure letters of support and, if possible, a copy of the nominee’s resume.
Philanthropy Day is supported by a large group of co-convening organizations to help reach leaders in our community, including senior business executives, hundreds of nonprofit organizations, decision makers, association leaders, grant makers, volunteers, and fundraising professionals. You’ll receive a special price of $1,500 for ten tickets to the event, and you’ll be recognized on the AFP DC website, in the event program, and on press releases.
How to become a co-convening organization:
- Distribute information about Philanthropy Day to your constituencies.
- Designate a representative to serve on the Awards Selection Committee.
Area nonprofits and companies are invited to enjoy a special and memorable event with their most important donors and professionals. Simply buy tickets and submit your own exceptional philanthropic supporters.
How Honor Your Own works:
- Your special honoree(s) will be recognized from the podium during the event.
- Your honoree(s) will be highlighted in the event program book, will receive a recognition gift and will also be recognized on the AFP-DC Chapter website.
- Honor your own for $1,500, and receive ten tickets and two honorees. Or for $750 receive five tickets and one honoree.
Show your support of Philanthropy Day. Your gift will help provide important recognition to our region’s philanthropic leaders, inspire others to broaden the impact of community giving, and serve as a tangible expression of your commitment to our philanthropic and nonprofit community.
SPONSORSHIP – Share your commitment to philanthropy and AFP-DC by making a generous sponsorship in honor of our 50th.
- Platinum Sponsor: $10,000
- Gold Sponsor: $7,500
- Silver Sponsor: $5,000
- Named Sponsor: $3,500
- Bronze Sponsor: $2,500
- Friend Sponsor: $1,000
CELEBRATION CIRCLE – Share your enthusiasm and bring a friend to this special event.
- Two tickets for $300.
- Your name will be listed in the event program.
TICKETS – Join hundreds of your colleagues in celebrating philanthropy, and the 50th anniversary of AFP-DC.
- Non-members $125
- Members $100
- Young Professionals $85