Since 1960, the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) has inspired global change and supported efforts that generated over $1 trillion. AFP’s nearly 30,000 individual and organizational members raise over $100 billion annually, equivalent to one-third of all charitable giving in North America and millions more around the world.
For more information or to join the world's largest association of fundraising professionals, visit www.afpnet.org.
To advance its mission, AFP:
- Fosters the development and growth of fundraising professionals committed to the preserving and enhancing philanthropy;
- Establishes a code of ethics and professional practices;
- Requires member adherence to a professional code of ethical standards and practices;
- Provides training opportunities for fundraising professionals;
- Implements programs that ensure cultural and social diversity in our membership and leadership;
- Collects, researches, publishes, and disseminates historical, managerial, and technical information on philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising;
- Promotes public understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising;
- Conducts activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy;
- Enlists, organizes, and supports members to achieve our purposes;
- Fosters international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and education among fundraising professionals worldwide; Uses all necessary and proper means to accomplish our purposes; and Provides a valid and reliable certification program for fundraising professionals.
National Philanthropy Day
National Philanthropy Day®, November 15, acknowledges the entire spectrum of services provided by the nonprofit community and recognizes the profound impact that philanthropy has on the fabric of society. And, each year AFP honors individuals and groups who, through their hard work and dedication, have enhanced philanthropy, their communities and the world.
Visit the Official National Philanthropy Day Web Site.
Feb. 25 -
AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada receives a $400,000 boost to expand diversity and inclusion efforts
(Toronto, Ontario) – The AFP Foundation for Philanthropy – Canada has received a multiyear grant, valued at $403,674, from the Ontario Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade to create a fellowship program that will support and train fundraisers from diverse backgrounds.
La Fondation canadienne pour la philanthropie de l’AFP vient d’obtenir une subvention pluriannuelle d’une valeur de 403 674 $ de la part du ministère des Affaires civiques, de l’Immigration et du Commerce international de l’Ontario afin de mettre sur pied un programme de bourses visant à soutenir financièrement et à former des professionnels en philanthropie de divers horizons.
... more >
Feb. 4 -
AFP Statement on President Obama’s FY 2016 Budget
While the recently released budget recognizes the important role that the charitable deduction plays, it also includes the 28% cap on all deductions for wealthy taxpayers. Read the full statement from AFP President and CEO Andrew Watt, FInstF, and AFP Chair Patrick Feeley, CFRE.
... more >
Nov. 26 -
Isabel Allende to Speak at 2015 International Fundraising Conference
Isabel Allende, the celebrated Chilean-American novelist, memoirist, and advocate for empowerment of women and girls worldwide, will speak at AFP’s 2015 International Fundraising Conference on Baltimore, March 29 – 31.
... more >
Nov. 12 -
Calling All Artists, Poets and Photographers!
We invite AFP members everywhere to submit their art and poetry to exhibit at the Diversity Art Showcase at the 52nd International Fundraising Conference, March 29-31, 2015, in Baltimore, MD. Whether you are a beginner or a seasoned artist or poet, you are warmly invited to participate. Fundraisers are a diverse group – their diversity unites them and thus makes the art showcase even more beautiful and meaningful!
... more >
Oct. 7 -
A Different Kind of "Idol" and The "Why" of Philanthropy
Who is your philanthropic idol? Post a video to NPDLove.com and earn a $500 donation to your favourite charity.
... more >
Creating a Culture of Philanthropy!