The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) represents nearly 30,000 members in over 230 chapters throughout the world, working to advance philanthropy through education, training, mentoring, research, credentialing, and advocacy. The association fosters the development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. For more information or to join the world's largest association of fundraising professionals, visit www.afpnet.org.
To advance its mission, AFP:
- Fosters the development and growth of fundraising professionals committed to the preserving and enhancing philanthropy;
- Establishes a code of ethics and professional practices;
- Requires member adherence to a professional code of ethical standards and practices;
- Provides training opportunities for fundraising professionals;
- Implements programs that ensure cultural and social diversity in our membership and leadership;
- Collects, researches, publishes, and disseminates historical, managerial, and technical information on philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising;
- Promotes public understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising;
- Conducts activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy;
- Enlists, organizes, and supports members to achieve our purposes;
- Fosters international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and education among fundraising professionals worldwide; Uses all necessary and proper means to accomplish our purposes; and Provides a valid and reliable certification program for fundraising professionals.
National Philanthropy Day®, November 15, acknowledges the entire spectrum of services provided by the nonprofit community and recognizes the profound impact that philanthropy has on the fabric of society. And, each year AFP honors individuals and groups who, through their hard work and dedication, have enhanced philanthropy, their communities and the world.
Visit the Official National Philanthropy Day Web Site.